Wednesday, October 31, 2012

CHICKEN COOP TOUR, FAMILY VISITING; WHAT A SUMMER!

I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures we took this summer.  We had guests, and went places too.  But to show all of it, will take a couple of posts. 
First we had a wonderful visit from our friends that live in Wisconsin.  Barbara and Jim; but I didn't get any pictures of them while they were here, what was I thinking?  They stayed for a few days, and went on to visit our mutual friends in Washington.  Then, a visit from Roger's son and his wife, Scott & Carrie.  They love to camp and fish just like us, to be out in the "wilderness"!  The came up here from California and stayed a few days and then headed over to Idaho.  We camped at Crane Prairie not too far from our home.
Roger and his son, no fish yet?
 
Here we are relaxing in camp (Baylee too!)
 
Here are some "vintage"outboard motors they had displayed outside the store.
 
There they are out on the lake, the fishing wasn't too good! 

 
They come almost every summer, and we have a great time visiting and camping....they went on to Idaho and ended up buying a new trailer!

Then we had a visit from Roger's daughter, Debi, who is a wonderful quilter.  We went to the Sisters Quilt Show and what a show it was.  All the years we have been here in Central Oregon and never went to it.  Debi taught us a lot about quilts!
They stopped for a minute for a picture!
 

This is just a very few of the quilts displayed all over town!
 

I know it says not to touch the quilts, but they asked us to pull them in because it started to rain!
 

One more thing I wanted to show you that we had a fun time doing.  Our small town has an annual CHICKEN COOP, GARDEN, and GREENHOUSE TOUR and we took the tour with some friends Jan & Ernie (from our car club.)  Take a look at some of these photos.  Made us want to raise chickens and get our greenhouse in order!  AND we learned a lot about growing in our cold climate!
Here is one neighbor's prized rooster!
 
It was fun seeing how people decorated their yards too!
 


It's hard to believe that you can grow this much outdoors here, looks like I am going to have to try harder next year!!
 
Heres a curious little hen!  She just kept an eye on us!!
 
Cute sign, I got lots of pics of yard art too!
 
More yard art!
 
The last stop, they had chickens, cows, horses and pigs; we ended up buying the last wiener pig

Well, it's getting late so I will share more of our summer on my next post!
You all have a great week, it's good to be back blogging! And hopefully I can figure all this computer stuff out!
 
XOXO,
Marilyn
 



1 comment:

  1. Love this post! You've hit a spot dear to my heart! The wonders of Central Oregon seem to run through my veins since I grew up there. Love, love, love Crane Prairie. We had my sweetheart's sibling reunion there a few years ago. I'd like to go back sometime again. And the Sisters Quilt Show! Oh, my! I haven't been there for quite a few years. It would be so much fun to go again. And to think you got to hold some of the quilts out of the rain! Love the gorgeous Central Oregon garden. My mother-in-law always had a wonderful, big garden when she lived there. Thanks for sharing pieces of your summer with us.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as I can!
XOXO,
Marilyn