Monday, October 29, 2012

WHERE HAVE I BEEN????

Some of you might know me as "The Cutest Cottage Lamps".  I have been trying to update my old blog for months now, but cannot get into it for some reason and finally gave up!  So today I got this brainy idea to start a NEW one!  Geeze!  I am not exactly computer-savvy!

I haven't actually been making any new lamps or shades, aside from repairing some here and there for clients.  But I plan to get back into making some this winter - as soon as I get my "shop" cleaned up and ready to go. 

The Etc., part of my blog is going to be other than lamps and shades.....how about crafts, paintings, even gardening and yard art!  I did just finish redoing my coffee table.   I got a great deal on it a couple of years ago, but after redecorating our living room it needed something different.  It probably started out as a beautiful oak table, someone painted it a chippy off-white color which I loved.  Since now most of the wood furniture in the room is darker, I painted the bottom black, and stripped and stained the top.  See what you think:  I know the first photo doesn't show much of the table, but it's the only one I had!

BEFORE
AFTER (I like the top with a little of the old paint still in it too!)
 


I want y'all to know that I HAVE been watching your blogs, and commenting on some...you are all such a creative group and I love seeing what you are doing.  You inspire me, and give me great ideas to make things.  With Christmas coming up, I can't wait to see your decorating ideas!

My daughter and her family will be coming here for Christmas, and I have been going through my Christmas magazines and books like crazy!   I know it's a little early, but there is a lot to do to get ready for their visit.

So please bare with me, I'm still trying to figure this blog out and hopefully I can get this new blog off the ground!!!!  And have a Happy Halloween!

XOXO,
Marilyn

3 comments:

  1. I really love the table with the datker bottom and the wood top. Guess the chippy white trend has run it's course, I still like it here and there but a little something new and fresh is always welcome:>) I'm glad you didn't give up on blogging just because you had some trouble, now make sure you write that password down somewhere! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog. And your 'new' coffee table is wonderful! Can't wait to see more of your plans through the holidays. Will be back again often to stay in touch!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, I hate to hear you lost your original blog...how in the world did that happen ? I was under the impression that the blogs were on Blogger...that the only way to lose one is to delete it. I guess I would fall over in a dead faint if I lost 5 yrs of blogging. :(
    Well, this new one looks great...and glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and I will respond as soon as I can!
XOXO,
Marilyn